Camp Guyasuta is owned and operated by the Laurel Highlands Council - Boy Scouts of America. The camp dates back to 1918 when it was donated by Mrs. Darlington, the great granddaughter of General O'Hara. Annually 30,000 scouts, members of school groups and non-profit organizations from the Southwestern Pennsylvania region use the camp. This beautiful property consists of 175 acres.
Summers with heavy storms had caused severe flooding and landslides on the property filling the pool and trails with mud. The camp plans to plant 2,500 native, fast growing, tree seedlings in specific storm water channels to prevent future landslides and the impact of floods. In addition, they plan to use native seed mixes and native grasses for restoration.
The Fox Chapel Garden Club was pleased to financially support these plans so that the camp may continue to be enjoyed for years to come.